Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Wow...

So my cousin is pregnant... I am still coming to terms with this as she is due in March (the 23rd). March is a hard month for me... granted I have a gorgeous son, who makes my heart sing.. I still can't help but feel sad about the butterfly I lost.... but that's a different post for a different day..

Anyways, my cousin's baby shower is at the end of February.. not really looking forward to it, but I will go. So my mom calls me the other day to tell me that my aunt has decided not to invite my cousin's girlfriend to the shower because she "doesn't want her to feel obligated to buy a gift, and she is 'only' a girlfriend." WHAT? How can she say something like that? I feel, and this is just my opinion, that a comment like that is incredibly rude. It makes me think that she doesn't like people are family and worth her time and effort unless they are married or something. I don't know.. that's just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment